JFBuild is my port of the Build game engine to modern operating systems. It improves upon the original DOS version of the engine in ways which remain true to original while adding modern enhancements. Many of the new technical features of the port are thanks to the generous contributions of Ken Silverman, the original author of the engine.
Novel features of this port:
- Ken Silverman's "Polymost" renderer which provides fully 3D OpenGL graphics.
- 3D model support to substitute for sprites in Polymost mode.
- True-colour textures support in Polymost mode to substitute for normal 8-bit art.
Ken-Build test game
This version of Ken's test game, Ken-Build, is provided for novelty purposes. It is not intended to load or play content of other games released using the Build engine.
The game data included in the package is the property of Ken Silverman. You can get the original code this port was based upon from Ken's site.
This package requires, at minimum:
- A 64-bit Intel, AMD, or compatible CPU
- An OpenGL 2.1 capable GPU
- Windows Vista or newer (7, 8, 10, 11)
Linux, BSD, and macOS users will need to build from source code themselves.