JonoF's Duke Nukem 3D Port (JFDuke3D)
This is my port of 3D Realms Entertainment's 1996 shooter Duke Nukem 3D.
Buy an Original Version
About the Port
Major features of this port:
- Native Windows, OS X, and Linux port.
- OpenGL rendering.
- High-resolution textures support.
- Bonus: NAM support (read more)
The aim of this port is to present Duke3D as closely as possible to the original game while adding optional features to expand the possibilities of the game.
In the downloads area you will find the files.
There are some special release notes detailing the new features of this release.
Previous releases can be found here.
NOTE CAREFULLY: You will need a copy of an original DOS version of Duke3D to play this game:
- If you have a 1.3D or 1.5 CD, insert it into your CDROM before JFDuke3D installation and the post-install "game data installer" will scan the disc and install the appropriate data fles to your system.
- If you have a copy of Duke3D (1.3/1.4/1.5/Shareware) already installed on your harddisk, the JFDuke3D post-install "game data installer" can be told to scan your harddisk for the data files.
- For users with the 1.4 Plutonium Pak patch, you will need to apply it to your copy of 1.3D before it can be used with JFDuke3D. See here for details on how to go about doing this.
- If you have no registered copy of Duke3D, the DOS Shareware data can be used, but you must first install it from the original DOS package. The JFDuke3D post-install "game data installer" can scan your harddisk for the shareware data files.
This port is unsupported by 3D Realms and Apogee, so do not contact them about it. If you find bugs or need to contact me, I'm reachable at email@example.com.