JFShadowWarrior is 3D Realms' 1997 shooter Shadow Warrior updated for modern Windows, Mac, and Linux computers.
Compiled versions for supported platforms will come eventually.
All platforms require you to have the game data from an original copy of Shadow Warrior, either registered or shareware.
At minimum, you need:
- 64-bit Intel, AMD, or compatible CPU
- OpenGL 2.1 capable GPU
- (Windows) Vista or newer (7, 8, 10)
- (Mac) macOS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or newer
Additionally, these platforms and architectures are supported when building from source code:
- 32-bit Intel/AMD, and 32 or 64-bit ARM CPUs
- OpenGL ES 2.0 capable GPUs, e.g.
- Broadcom VideoCore IV (tested with Raspberry Pi 3 B+)
- ARM Mali-T860 (tested with Libre Computer ROC-RK3399-PC)
You can use the game data from any of these editions with JFShadowWarrior:
- Shadow Warrior Registered Version 1.2 for MS-DOS
- Shadow Warrior Classic from GOG.com, Steam
- Shadow Warrior Classic Redux from GOG.com, Steam, Humble
- Shadow Warrior Shareware for MS-DOS
For instructions on how to extract data from those sources, see the documentation. When compiled versions are made available, tools will be provided to do this more easily.